Hold on to your veils and top hats, grab a cuppa or cheeky Old Amersham G&T and settle down to read our ultimate wedding planning timeline!
1 Year to Go…
- Book Kings Chapel on your ideal available date!
- Book your registrar – we belong to Beaconsfield Registry Office and that’s who you’ll need to call to arrange your civil ceremony! They’re all lovely to chat to, and will be very excited for you! We’d recommend opting for a ceremony between 1pm-3pm as it gives you a nice leisurely morning to get ready, and means that your special day lasts a good amount of time! The number is 01494 475205
- Choose your wedding party members; bridesmaids, groomsmen, dog ring bearer etc.
- Send out those save-the-dates – including your evening guests! (You don’t have to decide who makes the cut to the full day yet!)
- Book photographer & videographer – the good ones can get booked up far in advance! The photos and footage are one of the view things from the day that last forever – make sure you set enough of your wedding budget aside for these to be a spectacular capture of your amazing day! Click here for our recommended happy snappers https://kingschapeloldamersham.co.uk/photographers/
- Book your DJ or band – like with photographers, the good ones get snapped up quickly! It’s also a great idea to have music throughout your day, both of our amazing recommended bands are able to sing your ceremony, rock your reception and pump up your party, so definitely contact them with your favourite tunes and see what they can do for you! Click here for our party starters https://kingschapeloldamersham.co.uk/music/
- Book your florist and venue stylist – there’s no time like the present to start thinking about that Pinterest board and how to make it a reality! If you’re getting married in the same season you booked in read up on which flowers are in season, what colour schemes work with the weather, and of course what goes with your wedding and bridesmaids dresses! Click here for our green-fingered girls https://kingschapeloldamersham.co.uk/florists/ and here for our stunning stylist https://kingschapeloldamersham.co.uk/venue-styling/
- On the technical side, TAKE OUT WEDDING INSURANCE! There is such a small chance or likelihood that anything will go wrong or prevent you from having the day you dreamed of, but it’s so much better being safe than sorry. We recommend: https://www.events-insurance.co.uk/
- Book your honeymoon! With a year to go it’s time to take advantage of flights and accommodation prices before they raise them!
6 months to go…
- Time to get suited and booted! Buy those wedding clothes and accessories and make sure your #squad is #onfleek (did I really just say that, who am I…)
- Book accommodation for your key people: family members, wedding party members, the night before if needed
- Send out your wedding invitations with full details and timings; be sure to let your invitees know to call up the hotel directly to book their discounted rooms! You will also need to know all guests’ dietary restrictions so that we can feed and water everyone appropriately! Set an RSVP deadline of 3 months before your special day – that allows for a late repliers!
- Pay your second instalment; the next wedding payment is due at this time! It is also around this time we begin assigning wedding coordinators to couples, so lookout for a friendly hello from one of the team! Feel free to ask ANY questions, we are always ready to answer and get into a good old natter about the wedding!
- Book your hair and make up – it’s a great time to carry on your planning for the overall look! Click here for our pampering princesses https://kingschapeloldamersham.co.uk/beauty/
- Organise your wedding cake – mmm it’s cake time! Click here for our beautiful bakers https://kingschapeloldamersham.co.uk/cakes/
- Start finalising the venue decorating – ooh can see it all coming together now!
3 months to go…
- Alter those suits and dresses, there may be some adjustments needed, plus any excuse to suit up and feel a million dollars!
- Buy your wedding rings – or MAKE them for an amazing personalised touch to the day! This special service is offered by the gem of jewellers, find her here https://kingschapeloldamersham.co.uk/jewellery/
- It’s menu tasting time! Pick your 2 favourite starters, mains and desserts, or if you’re decided then try the veggie option! This is a complimentary date night for you and your spouse-to-be, so organise a taxi/babysitter/dogsitter and have a lovely evening of nibbles, fizz, food and wine on us in your gorgeous wedding venue
- For you Friday and Saturday wedding-weekend party people, it’s time for your third instalment payment!
- It’s time to book in the last wedmin appointment – the final details meeting! It’s due next month, so make sure you have some time you can set aside from work in order to meet with your coordinator during her working hours – remember if we’re working at the weekend we’re probably looking after someone’s special day!
- Your RSVP deadline is due – chase those pesky slow repliers and send them a nudge!
- Time for a bit of fun – it’s a great time to plan the hen and stag dos! Enjoy a blast with your close friends and family to celebrate before it’s all official!
1 month to go…
Oh gosh it’s nearly here! This month will be the quickest you’ve ever experienced – but don’t worry! Take time to sit, breathe, enjoy!
- Final payment is due now, so good to have it done and dusted and see all your hard work materialise into your dream day!
- Table plan – aside from any family politics, this can be really fun! Send it off to us for checking, and blame any boring relative placement on us!
- Final fittings – make it fashion, dahling
- Get speech writing! Shall I compare thee to…no googling speech ideas, has to come from the heart!
- Wear in those wedding shoes – no one wants a blister on the day!
1 day to go…
Eek! Stay calm!
- Treat yourself; massage, facial, hair, nails, eat a whole cake – whatever makes you feel good!
- Pack your boxes of wedding bits and bobs – make sure things are labelled with where they’re going and how you want them to look on the tables. Place names organised per table is a must for a quick turnaround! Ensure your wedding coordinator knows about each item and where it’s going!
- Pack any secret gifts to be given during speeches – thank you mum, dad, dog, friends, NEW spouse, neighbour, teacher, etc.!
- Hang dresses/suits somewhere they won’t crease or brush against anything
- Put bouquets and buttonholes somewhere cool
- Get a GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP – you earned it!
The day is here!
- Your ONLY instructions are to relax, enjoy, take moments to yourselves, look around the room as everyone you know and love is here to celebrate YOU and the fantastic special commitment you’re making. And of course, PARTY!
Congratulations on becoming the NEWLYWEDS!